SPAT Revolution - Release notes
- Performance - Optimize presence and clamping computation and rendering
- Speaker editor - Import from EASE is broken
- Setup page - The diagram scrollbar is not initialized when loading a session from the Home Page
- Crash with multi-canal sources in multiple rooms when disconnecting inputs, causing crash on quitting SPAT or closing session
- Room Gain and “Mute sources outside Efficiency Zone” do not affect LFEs
- Sources - Add one gain per room - Parameter name: Room specific gain
- New parameter Room Reverb “Enable” to enable or disable all reverb components for all connected sources in the room
- New HybridVBAP - A new panning technique for 3D arrangements that mixes 2D ad 3D VBAP depending on the elevation of the source
- AU plugin integration for Apple Logic Pro up to 10.7 and Figure 53 QLab
- Support of separated hardware input and output devices
- Wave Field Synthesis spatial reproduction technique algorithm available as new panning type - supporting collinear system as well as potentially any 2D/3D arrangements. (WFS add-on license required, Ultimate only)
- New Output Matrix: Allows on Master and Master Transcoder modules several connections per output on channel-based stream type
- New efficiency zone: where it makes sense to position the sources. Two behaviors for sources: clamp on the zone or mute outside
- Speaker orientation on speaker editor, automatically set according to the arrangement shape. This orientation is only taken into account on WFS panning type.
- New sources solo clear button
- New elevation clamping - Source-object is projected on speaker extremum planes for 3D channel-based speaker arrangements
- New option “Source fit speaker elevation” in the protection section of Room output panel: render a 3D creation on 2D setups will be more coherent
- Official support for software input (Local Audio Path via plugin) and hardware output in the same session.
- SPAT Revolution Essential - Now supports up to 16 channel arrangements
- Reverb parameter - Rename “Reverb Enabled” by “Reverb Tail”
- Hide “Source over Listener” on 2D arrangements
- Improved clamping on 2D and 3D speaker arrangements
- Add special case for azimuth which should interpolate to nearest angle instead of linear range [-180, 180]
- Maximum speaker distance is now the default width protection zone
- Hide Spread factor for WFS and binaural
- Support of 4 independent LFE with its own send
- Preferences page - Add option to enable/disable the compute action on LFE in Speaker arrangement editor/Room output list
- Elevation is now reset to zero when the setup is detected as 2D
- Send OSC message when renaming a source and a room
- Add missing /room/1/xy message
- Improve OSC robustness - bad messages preventing and filtering
- Support of ADM-OSC query command (/get, /?)
- Add enable/disable and command log per socket
- Add option to dump properties on OSC socket changes (port, IP and enable)
- Show network port name in tooltips
- Reviewed snapshots workflow and add OSC messages for recall Sources/Rooms/Masters options (/snapshot/options/recall/source, /snapshot/options/recall/room, /snapshot/options/recall/master, /snapshot/options/recall)
- Save on the project the “Input Type” field of input blocks
- Essential - Setup Wizard - Improve outputs behavior when changing the stream type
- SPAT Essential - Improving handling of panning type on Session compatibility dialog
- SPAT Revolution Essential - Automatically add binaural monitoring when opening sessions made with Spat Revolution Ultimate
- Allow multiple input connections to Input transcoders and sources to permit aggregation from multiple input
- New timecode options sources choice - Absolute as default
- GUI - Align binaural monitoring block with master block on the setup page
- Setup Wizard - Patch input on unused hardware input
- Speakers and Nebula follow listener position and orientation
- Room reverb graphic display - XY scales improved
- Overall AU PI integration robustness
- SPAT Revolution reopens on Home page at startup if no session is automatically recalled
- Room Reverb Preset - prevent from overriding a factory preset
- Huge jitter reduction, especially with small buffer values (e.g. 256 amp @ 96 kHz)
- Up to 20% improvements on single or multi-core configuration
- Add “strict” keyword in source parameter filter to strictly define which parameter to display. e.g. “strict: gain distance”
- Add source parameter filter presets on source parameter panel
- Add Main Menu access from the Main UI Header. Therefore, we can access main menu even in full screen
- Hide system menu in fullscreen
- Improve loading time when starting SPAT revolution when there is no internet connection
- Add distance scaling support for source “Scale” and “Radius” (if different from default)
- Fix presence vector not drawn over the listener head in certain cases
- Create or edit an arrangement through the setup wizard now change the width of the protection zone and the distance scaling
- Source’s pitch displayed could be wrong
- Multichannel sources rotate the source of 90° when distance set to 0
- Doppler effect is not working anymore
- Preferences/OSC connections - Fix refresh issue on OSC sockets when IP and port already used
- Reverb density is not recalled by snapshots
- OSC - Fix possible issue with /global OSC command
- Fix OSC messages consistency in regard to packed or unpacked queries
- Preferences/OSC connections - Add missing distance transformation for ADM-OSC presets
- Preferences/OSC connections - Fix possible error on OSC Transform windows
- “/source/[index]/name/get”, “/room/[index]/name/get” and “/master/[index]/name/get” don’t work anymore
- Fix some drawing issues on clamping, presence factor and radius
- Speaker Alpha setting is now applied to all rooms
- Binaural - No direct sound with SphericalHeadModel and SnowManModel
- Add Warning on session opening with an HRTF not available in the computer
- Hide “head scale” for non-binaural panning types
- Fix potential crashes with binaural rooms
- Fix custom speaker config duplication when importing from a session
- HOA Transcoder - Fix issues with some configurations
- HOA Transcoder - Transcoder do not correctly connect to input channels
- HOA Transcoder - Bad initialization of Yaw and Normalization
- Setup Wizard - Ultimate - Binaural Monitoring not created
- Deleting a room may corrupt different sources parameters
- Binaural monitor block connected on the same master block than an output block controls the master block gain
- Setup config lists differ on the speaker editor when opening it through the setup page or the room output panel
- Speaker Transform - Coordinates don’t always refresh after transformation
- Selecting or editing an arrangement through the speaker editor output panel does not propagate configuration to connected blocks
- SPAT Revolution Essential - Opening speaker editor through output panel does not show the channels limitation
- Navigation keys add some unwanted chars on speaker names
- Better handling of automation and multiple inputs connected to one source
- Removed warning: “Current preset has been modified” when loading a preset
- Snapshot may not reload all properties depending on the language
- Changing language sets all rooms background to black
- Fix import legacy preferences
- Home page - Last saved session is not displayed
- Fix some crashes on exit on macOS
- “Check essential compatibility” menu action is not working
- Crash on Windows with ASIO driver when switching of driver
- Spat freezes when trying to save a file that is not accessible
- Reorder of Rooms doesn’t update the Room order in the top bar
- Long room name doesn’t display, refresh and resize properly on top bar
- Setup page - Fix alignment issue when changing the Preferences/Global language
- Refresh issues on input wizard, transform panel, on setup page and source list when a scroll bar is present
- Source properties panel - Filter frequencies display issue & improved gain text
- When back to the room, the source parameter panel still shows up while no source selected
- UI Issue with retractable panels
- Ableton Live - Automation is broken
- Non-interpolable values like “Position mode” can’t be automated in Audio Unit
- AU parameter automation curve display is not correct
- Crash with Nuendo and SPAT plugins on macOS
- WARNING: Generator on room output channel is after gain and mute. Use with precaution, change the level in the generator section of the preference page or on the MASTER module.
- ALT modifier doesn’t work on Windows
- Position are not sent when dumping all properties through OSC on opening a session
- macOS - Reported latency is not accurate when Device In/Out is the same
- Issue with source slider which doesn’t work all time
- Core Audio headphones and loudspeakers cannot be used without an aggregate
- when multiple sources are selected moving some “filtered” parameter like distance in the property panel may generate bad position values
- S6L integration, SPAT Send track name is not retained properly and sent every time the UI opens (erasing your SPAT Source name).
- REAPER/WIN10 - VST - Automation reset source position
- REAPER/WIN10 - VST - ReaVolution script can’t create mono send
- PI - AAX - Renaming a send track in ProTools changes the corresponding source verb enable, early, cluster and tail
- Double-clicking on “Input stream” on the status bar resets to default the hardware buffer and sampling rate if no Send/Return
- Connect a Send input to a source reset all parameters
- Win10 - /source/1/dump messages doesn’t work
- OSC - Rotation X,Y and Z buttons aren’t refreshed on automation and OSC message reception
- The second OSC output status is not retained in AAX / AAX VENUE. Make sure you enable it after a reboot or an AAX host rack reset.
- Broadcast OSC messages are not received on macOS. Workaround: use unicast
- Add special cases for azimuth which should interpolate to the nearest angle instead of linear range [-180, 180].
- Add new Dolby speaker arrangements
- Improve session compatibility
- Update German and Spanish translations
- Crash possible when opening a session other than from the home page
- Empty Session compatibility when opening a session with master/monitor/output with Sloane 15/27/43
- Fix possible crash with panning validation on Speaker Config Editor
- Fix possible error on Speaker Config Editor
- Fix possible error with Setup wizard validation
- New software licenses support for SPAT Revolution Essential (1 activation) and SPAT Revolution Ultimate Bundle (2 activations)
- Ability now to disable the behavior of source/object moving over listener head when entering the spherical protection (radius) zone instead
- New per room spherical protection zone (width parameter)
- Spherical protection zone following the listener position
- New distance scaling per room parameter for source-object automation, OSC and snapshots
- Session compatibility dialog (partial session read) for SPAT Essential and SPAT Ultimate compatibility
- Home Page with session history and resources shortcuts
- Read/write Audio Pipe (LAP) Automation using scaling
- Read/write OSC position messages using scaling
- Store/recall snapshot using scaling
- New stereo panning law options (7)
- Perceptually motivated amplitude panning (PMAP) for Accurate Phantom Image Localization (constant-power amplitude-panning).
- Constant Power and Constant Amplitude
- Square root or Sinus/Cosinus
- Addition of Real source-objet position infos option on 3D view
- Addition of Presence Infos option on 3D View
- 3D view - Source-object is projected on speaker plane for 2D channel-based speaker arrangements
- Sources, Room and Reverb parameters - Hide/show for panels
- Updated Reverb panel unifying related parameters
- Snapshot Rename Popup - Select automatically the edit on window popup
- Radius protection zone is now automatically set with the channel-based arrangement based on speaker distance average.
- Dialog box when changing speaker arrangement to offer auto scaling room parameters for source-object
- New update Setup Wizard with mode for Essential license based sessions
- Radius per source is now a trim factor expressed in meters for session compatibility and to integrate with new protection zone
- OSC -1 index doesn’t work with Polar / AED. (Requires additional validation)
- Record AED OSC messages and snapshot interpolation via Local Audio Path automation is not working
- Aggregate input on process block does not work + add aggregate input on sources
- Listener head pivot (roll) point should be at the Center
- Fix source pitch not updated when a listener position change
- Listener Yaw not correctly working if the listener is not at the center (origin)
- Multi-sources should keep alignment when elevation is done in polar
- RTTrPM - Tracking scaling not work
- Source presence factor + Listener 6DOF don’t work on all rooms and sources for sources connected to multiple rooms.
- [UI] - HRTF name displayed on the setup block only on the first selection.
- OSC automation of azimuth has an offset of -90
- Refresh issue on Windows
- Reset to default on source parameters may not propagate the setting correctly to the sub source in case of multi-channel sources
- Strange “distance” behavior with multi-channel sources
- Setup Wizard - Crash on deleting a line then press tab
- Sometimes sources do not sound at the right place after reloading a session
- SPAT Revolution does not exit correctly in some cases
- Possible crash on exit
- If a session is closed while the user is in a room, SPAT Revolution main window can turn black
- [FrameRate] GUI problem with low frame rate
- Add IO overload Detection + auto mute + reset button
- SPAT Send (software) input sync error detection optimization
- Audio processing optimizations
- New MultiCore parallel processing algorithm.
- A new preference option to select various engine processing profile.
- Stability improvements (hardening) with all latest operating systems (OS).
- SPAT Plug-ins (Local Audio LAP - AudioPipe) hardening and improvement against host applications and OS.
- Catalina, Big Sur and Apple notarization official support.
- New built in error reporting tools for SPAT Revolution.
- In SPAT preferences, you can enable or disable sending anonymously of software data error to FLUX::. This application monitoring tools helps track developer errors for better diagnostic, fixes and performance optimization.
- New V20.12 release (new versioning system), now including 1 year of support and upgrade with perpetual license purchase.
- Added 23 reverb presets imported from IRCAM Verb and the SPAT v3 plug-in.
- New Drag and Move + Drag and Connect module feature.
- Drag any modules to move before or after any module of same type.
- Drag a drop module into module to connect output to input.
- Support for the IRCAM ADMix/SPAT and Meyer SpaceMap Go OSC Grammar on input.
- You can now play ADM Master (Audio definition model) files containing audio and object metadata with the ADMix player playback and receive metadata as OSC data in SPAT
- New Apple and Windows menu and shortcuts
- SPAT Revolution now includes the standard Apple and Windows menu bar for new and added software action.
- New shortcut options
- New input naming pages for bulk renaming
- Multi-Selecting input blocks and pressing Alt + N
- Setup wizards;
- Available by pressing Alt + N or in the Setup menu.
- New Import and Export SPAT preferences.
- System to System, to back up your preferences.
- Basic snapshot system implementation;
- snapshots can now be generated, recalled (with interpolation - crossfade option) , deleted or renamed.
- Gives the ability to create static images instead of using full automation.
- Basic menu is provided to manage snapshots and available to OSC messages (Lemur and Qlab template available).
- Import speaker arrangements;
- Import speaker arrangements from simulation software of Adamson, CODA Audio, Nexo, d&b audiotechnik, Ease or simply Excel.
- Speaker arrangement panning tips and validation guidelines.
- New Panning type (LBAP, DualBandVBP)
- New Binaural Options - Nearfield, Spherical Head, Snowman Model
- New A-Format transcoding (Sennheiser Ambeo, Oktava MK4012, Rode Nt SF1)
- New HOA transcoding method (Regularized Pseudo-Inverse, Improved AllRAD, CSAD)
OSC - Many OSC optimizations in the core
- The OSC Matrix (OSC Slots) has been updated and contains various changes.
- Now supporting third party OSC devices without Auto-bundle feature (Digico Consoles now can have bidirectional control)
- Make OSC dictionary available with snapshot
- ADMPlayer compatibility (currently no scale)
- Meyer Sound - Spacemap Go - OSC Grammar support (input only)
- Open GL fix for Mac Mini (Anti-Alias)
- SPAT Plug-ins (LAP - AudioPipe) hardening and improvement against host App.
- Now supporting third party OSC devices without Auto-bundle feature
- ADM-OSC Format support.
- Retina display enhanced support
- New HOA Decoding Methods
- New Binaural Options - Nearfield, Spherical Head, Snowman Model - (Not using HRTF for some???)
- Per speaker channel mute option in room
- Shift drag to move 3D scene
- Install templates with PI format for SPAT.
- BackGround - Set Background Offset Step to centimeters
- Display Performances (CPU) measurements help option
- Opening a new session doesn’t prompt a “save current session” dialog
- Use calling thread (Audio) as thread 0 on parallel processing to avoid using other threads on small configuration.
- Color Indicator update for Mute - Solo
- Draw source and speaker text in 3D View
- Update to last Python version and some other SDKs
- Display units in the speaker/channel editor
- “Output list” for HOA Room should not display x/y/z/Azimuth/etc
- Import speaker arrangement - Check the height of the arrangement and lower all the arrangement.
- Check for update based on current installed version number
- Display “new version” / “update information” at startup
- Add number of channel property to Send/Return plug-in to allow ReaVolution to change to the plug-in format
- Automatically define speaker arrangement on Transcoder when possible
- Add Duplicate room without same sources or with duplicated sources
- Handle “dead” PyControl in UI
- Ircam’s exceptions handling in Transcoder
- Dump all properties through OSC output after loading a session
- Pl: remove Independent duration + rename as “interpolation time”
- Pl: update page table
- Rebuild GUI without reloading session
- Creating Snapshot freezes on Mac OS X.
- Rename snapshot dialog not correctly initialized ; especially on retina display
- Panning Tips - Display of Coincident speakers was broken.
- Potential error when recalling snapshots.
- Recurring crash in setup while making connections with drag and drop
- Strange issues with input OSC transforms
- Transcoders - Wrong Normalization for AmbiX.
- Yaw/Pitch/Roll - Number of digits in sliders
- Crash on connecting HOA order 7 input to source multiple time.
- Solved freezing issues on Windows computers.
- Drop-down menu stuck
- Error when deleting user config in Speaker Arrangement Editor
- Change language sets all rooms background to black (if they were white before)
- When a list is selected in a Dialog, typing escape closes the window instead of the list
- Crash when “Max Number of cores” is one
- Crash when build setup without any sources and with Audio Device enabled
- Fix crashes with some ASIO Driver
- Fix listener pitch and roll inverted
- Fix source presence, orientation and distance when moving listener position in the room
- Fix crashes in the setup page
- Fix crashes in the speaker configuration
- Fix crashes tweaking room stream type
- Fix crashes choosing certain speaker arrangements
- Fix session loading time
- Fix issues with same room names
- Fix crashes with HOA transcoders
- Fix Yaw angle in transcoders
- Fix OSC Mute command issues
- Fix crashes deleting empty speaker arrangements
- Fix input transcoding A-Format to CB gain normalization issues
- Fix speaker arrangements duplication issues when importing from session
- Fix source reset all doesn’t reset rotation XYZ
- Fix OSC stability and performances
- Fix synchronization error detection
- Fix retina/non-retina issues
- Fix label cropped with other languages than English
- Fix text of linear sliders display
- Fix name of the sources refresh
- Fix parameters on the right hidden on the setup page after scrolling down through a larger parameters list
- Fix renaming a room doesn’t reflect the new name in the tab
- Fix double-click on some slider doesn’t reset to default value
- Fix incorrect and missing hints
- Fix sources and color duplication
- Fix room background image proportions are not correct for non-square images
- Fix source aperture display glitches
- Fix scrolling bar blocked in the speaker arrangement editor when switching from large arrangement to light arrangement
- Fix selection on deleting a speaker on the speaker arrangement editor
- Fix UI issues with OpenGL mac mini.
- Fix dialogs do not always close or validate with Escape and Return keys
- Fix presets import
- Fix some crashes with Terminal actions
- Fix default position with 5.1 sources
- Fix opening session with non-ASCII characters
SPAT Plug-in suite
- Position Mode parameter: Polar, Cartesian or None automation recording and reading mode.
- Record AED OSC messages and snapshot interpolation via Local Audio Path automation is not working.
- Fix stability issues with LAP
- Room PI - Fix automation in VST
- Room PI - Fix No automation parameter available in room PI AAX
- Room PI - Fix the non-linear behavior of the listener Yaw Automation
- Send PI - Improve stability on Avid S6L
- Automation - Fix : reset values doesn’t send automation point to LAP PI
- VST - Fix latency compensation issues
- AU - Fix automation
- Ableton Live - Fix automation parameter not listed
- Logic Pro X - Fix automation issues from SPAT
- Fix DXD Block-size mismatch
- AAX DSP Version no longer supported
- KU100 HRTF not included in the default HRTF list for Essential
- 3D View - Output meters can display only 50 channels
- Shortcuts with Alt doesn’t work on Windows 10.
- Only the first LFE receives LFE send.
- [HOA] Crash on transcoding B-Format 2D to HOA3D
- [OSC] OSC message “/master/[index]/dump” do not work
- [OSC] No OSC control for reverb modal density
- [PI] LAP with AAX 96K can face synchronization issues.
- [PI] SPAT Send Solo parameter is not working in LAP or OSC
- [PI] Enable Reverb Automation not working
- [PI-VST] Closing Nuendo and Ableton Live session with SPAT PI can crash applications.
- [PI-VST] Loading a project or rebuild the mixer with SPAT Sends/Return can crash Merging Technologies Ovation / Pyramix