Spat Revolution 20.12
- New MultiCore parallel processing algorithm.
- A new preference option to select various engine processing profile.
- Stability improvements (hardening) with all latest operating systems (OS).
- Spat Plug-ins (Local Audio LAP - AudioPipe) hardening and improvement against host applications and OS.
- Catalina, Big Sur and Apple notarization official support.
- New built in error reporting tools for Spat Revolution.
- In Spat preferences, you can enable or disable sending anonymously of software data error to FLUX::. This application monitoring tools helps track developer errors for better diagnostic, fixes and performance optimization.
- New V20.12 release (new versioning system), now including 1 year of support and upgrade with perpetual license purchase.
- Added 23 reverb presets imported from IRCAM Verb and the Spat v3 plugin.
- New Drag and Move + Drag and Connect module feature.
- Drag any modules to move before or after any module of same type.
- Drag a drop module into module to connect output to input.
- Support for the IRCAM ADMix/SPAT and Meyer SpaceMap Go OSC Grammar on input.
- You can now play ADM Master (Audio definition model) files containing audio and object metadata with the ADMix player playback and receive metadata as OSC data in Spat
- New Apple and Windows menu and shortcuts
- Spat Revolution now includes the standard Apple and Windows menu bar for new and added software action.
- New shortcut options
- New input naming pages for bulk renaming
- Multi-Selecting input blocks and pressing Alt + N
- Setup wizards;
- Available by pressing Alt + N or in the Setup menu.
- New Import and Export Spat preferences.
- System to System, to back up your preferences.
- Basic snapshot system implementation;
- snapshots can now be generated, recalled (with interpolation - crossfade option) , deleted or renamed.
- Gives the ability to create static images instead of using full automation.
- Basic menu is provided to manage snapshots and available to OSC messages (Lemur and Qlab template available).
- Import speaker arrangements;
- Import speaker arrangements from simulation software of Adamson, CODA Audio, Nexo, d&b audiotechnik, Ease or simply Excel.
- Speaker arrangement panning tips and validation guidelines.
- New Panning type (LBAP, DualBandVBP)
- New Binaural Options - Nearfield, Spherical Head, Snowman Model
- New A-Format transcoding (Sennheiser Ambeo, Oktava MK4012, Rode Nt SF1)
- New HOA transcoding method (Regularized Pseudo-Inverse, Improved AllRAD, CSAD)
OSC - Many OSC optimizations in the core
- The OSC Matrix (OSC Slots) has been updated and contains various changes.
- Now supporting third party OSC devices without Auto-bundle feature (Digico Consoles now can have bidirectional control)
- Make OSC dictionary available with snapshot
- ADMPlayer compatibility (currently no scale)
- Meyer Sound - Spacemap Go - OSC Grammar support (input only)
- Open GL fix for Mac Mini (Anti-Alias)
- Spat Plug-ins (LAP - AudioPipe) hardening and improvement against host App.
- Now supporting third party OSC devices without Auto-bundle feature
- ADM-OSC Format support.
- Retina display enhanced support
- New HOA Decoding Methods
- New Binaural Options - Nearfield, Spherical Head, Snowman Model - (Not using HRTF for some???)
- Per speaker channel mute option in room
- Shift drag to move 3D scene
- Install templates with PI format for Spat.
- BackGround - Set Background Offset Step to centimetres
- Display Performances (CPU) measurements help option
- Opening a new session doesn’t prompt a “save current session” dialog
- Use calling thread (Audio) as thread 0 on parallel processing to avoid using other thread on small configuration.
- Color Indicator update for Mute - Solo
- Draw source and speaker text in 3D View
- Update to last Python version and some other sdks
- Display units in the speaker/channel editor
- “Output list” for HOA Room should not display x/y/z/Azimuth/etc
- Import speaker arrangement - Check the height of the arrangement and lower the all arrangement.
- Check for update based on current installed version number
- Display “new version” / “update information” at startup
- Add number of channel property to Send/Return plugin to allow ReaVolution to change to plugin format
- Automatically define speaker arrangement on Transcoder when possible
- Add Duplicate room without same sources or with duplicated sources
- Handle “dead” PyControl in UI
- Ircam’s exceptions handling in Transcoder
- Dump all properties through OSC output after loading a session
- Pl: remove Independent duration + rename as “interpolation time”
- Pl: update page table
- Rebuild GUI without reloading session
- Add IO overload Detection + auto mute + reset button
- Spat Send (software) input sync error detection optimization
- Audio processing optimizations
Spat Revolution Fixes 20.12
- Creating Snapshot freeze on Mac OS X.
- Rename snapshot dialog not correctly initialized ; especially on retina display
- Panning Tips - Display of Coincident speakers was broken.
- Potential error when recalling snapshot.
- Recurring crash in setup while doing connections with drag and drop
- Strange issues with input OSC transforms
- Transcoders - Wrong Normalization for AmbiX.
- Yaw/Pitch/Roll - Number of digits in sliders
- Crash on connecting HOA order 7 input to source multiple time.
- Solved freezing issue on Windows computers.
- Drop-down menu stuck
- Error when deleting user config in Speaker Arrangement Editor
- Change langage sets all rooms background to black (if they were white before)
- When list selected in a Dialog, type escape closes window instead of list
- Crash when “Max Number of cores” is 1
- Crash when build setup without any sources and with Audio Device enabled
- Fix crashes with some ASIO Driver
- Fix listener pitch and roll inverted
- Fix source presence, orientation and distance when moving listener position in the room
- Fix crashes in the setup page
- Fix crashes in the speaker configuration
- Fix crashes tweaking room stream type
- Fix crashes choosing certain speaker arrangements
- Fix session loading time
- Fix issues with same room names
- Fix crashes with HOA transcoders
- Fix Yaw angle in transcoders
- Fix OSC Mute command issues
- Fix crashes deleting empty speaker arrangements
- Fix input transcoding A-Format to CB gain normalization issues
- Fix speaker arrangements duplication issues when importing from session
- Fix source reset all doesn’t reset rotation XYZ
- Fix OSC stability and performances
- Fix synchronisation error detection
- Fix retina/non retina issues
- Fix label cropped with other languages than English
- Fix text of linear sliders display
- Fix name of the sources refresh
- Fix parameters on the right hidden on the setup page after scrolling down through a larger parameters-list
- Fix renaming a room doesn’t reflect the new name in the tab
- Fix double-click on some slider doesn’t reset to default value
- Fix incorrect and missing hints
- Fix sources and colours duplication
- Fix room background image proportion are not correct for non square images
- Fix source aperture display glitches
- Fix scrolling bar blocked in the speaker arrangement editor when switching from large arrangement to light arrangement
- Fix selection on deleting a speaker on the speaker arrangement editor
- Fix UI issues with OpenGL mac mini.
- Fix dialog do not always close or validate with Escape and Return keys
- Fix presets import
- Fix some crashes with Terminal actions
- Fix default position with 5.1 sources
- Fix opening session with non-ASCII characters
Spat Plug-ins fixes
- Fix stability issue with LAP
- Room PI - Fix automation in VST
- Room PI - Fix No automation parameter available in room PI AAX
- Room PI - Fix the non-linear behaviour of the listener Yaw Automation
- Send PI - Improve stability on Avid S6L
- Automation - Fix : reset values doesn’t send automation point to LAP PI
- VST - Fix latency compensation issue
- AU - Fix automation
- Ableton Live - Fix automation parameter not listed
- Logic Pro X - Fix automation issues from Spat
- Fix DXD Block-size mismatch
- AAX DSP Version no longer supported
- LAP with AAX 96K synchronization issue.
- OSC -1 index doesn’t work with Polar /aed.
- Record OSC message and snapshot interpolation via Local Audio Path automation is not working.
- Shortcuts with Alt doesn’t work on Windows 10.
- Only the first LFE receives LFE send.
- No direct sound with Spherical Head binaural and Snowman binaural
- Crash on transcoding B-Format 2D to HOA3D
- Closing Nuendo and Ableton Live session with Spat PI crashed application. (VST Plug-ins)